I’m not an Emacs expert, but I’ve been using it for about 8 years. Emacs gives me a lot of power for editing Clojure (and other text), despite me knowing only the basics. It has a few hurdles to learning, and I’d like to make a series of lessons helping people over those hurdles.
Topics will include:
- Emacs Basics (Opening/closing files, switching buffers, etc)
- Emacs Copy-Paste (it’s a little different from most apps)
- Paren setup (without Paredit)
- Cider (the two keystrokes I really use)
- Paredit (and the four keystrokes you need to stay sane and be productive)
- Emacs Configuration (just the basics!) and Package management (how to install new packages)
- Emacs Help (the internal help system and helpful web resources)
Please vote. Comments are encouraged!
- Yes, please teach this!
- No, I’m not interested.