Does anyone here have experience in transitioning a Rails app to clojure? Currently my webapp is mostly divided into 3:
- static/rails generated pages
- api end points (via JSONAPI-Resources)
- several ember front-end (e.g. admin, dashboard, requests, …)
I’d like to migrate to use clojure for the entire thing. Several my immediate concerns are:
- how to transition authentication and session. I currently use devise and cookies. As a first step, I am thinking about moving to token/JWT. This will allow me to implement the same on the clojure side so I can start migrating the API endpoints.
- background job replacement. Currently I’m using sidekiq. Are there any good alternatives? Since I’m planning on using beanstalk/AWS in general, I am considering just use SQS. Any recommendations on library and job monitoring?
- logging/monitoring. Currently my service is hosted on Heroku. So for logs I use Papertrail. For monitoring I use Librato. However, since we’ve gotten a very sizable amount of AWS credit, I’d like to move the service onto AWS. Any suggestions on alternatives?
Finally, any general caveats?